Project: Installation of Commercial bioCycle™ System & Pump Station for Oil Refinery
Date: September 2015
Location: Co. Cork
System Type: bioCycle™ BAF Wastewater System
The BioCycle wastewater treatment system has been designed based on the maximum hydraulic and organic loadings detailed below:
- The plant has an average of 200 people on site on a daily basis, between 8am ~4.30pm
- The plant is in operation 24 hours per day / 365 days per year with approximately 12 people on site at night and at weekends.
- There is a plant shutdown every 4 ~ 5 years where the population on site rises to approx 600 people.
- Sanitary waste generated on site is piped to a BioCycle BAF Waste Water Treatment Unit via pumped feed and the outflow from BioCycle WWTU discharges into the estuary.
- Under the sites new integrated pollution prevention control licence (IPPC) the onsite wastewater treatment plant must treat effluent to a standard of 25 mg/l BOD and 35 mg/l suspended solids.